An International Reputation for Cardiac Excellence
We are recognized nationwide as a pioneering center for heart transplants.
Our multidisciplinary program includes:
- Specialists in heart failure management and heart transplantation
- Experts in cardiothoracic surgery
- State-of-the-art diagnostic tests from radiologists, molecular biologists and pathologists
- Access to new clinical trials in heart failure and heart transplantation
- to detect early evidence of transplant coronary artery disease
- The use of peripheral blood gene expression testing to identify patients at low risk for rejection, allowing doctors to safely decrease the number of biopsies performed
Almost every type of end-stage heart disease has been treated here, and the our team remains a leader in introducing new concepts and treatments to improve outcomes for transplant patients.